- What types of data do we collect?
- How do we use the data we collect?
- How do we disclose the data we collect?
- Why do you receive e-mails?
- How can you stop receiving e-mails?
- What about third-party websites?
What Type of Data Do We Collect?
Generally, we collect or maintain the following categories of data:
- Customer Registration Data: when a customer, whether an individual or an entity, activates our services, creates an account at the Site or registers at an event we collect account information from that customer, which we refer to in this Policy as “Customer Registration Data.” The Customer Registration Data we collect includes individual or contact name, company name, e-mail address, phone number and other contact information, as well as information about services requested and payment information, such as credit card number, expiration date and billing address. We also assign customers a unique user name and password to access their account information through the Site;
Although the majority of our customers are businesses, some of the Customer Registration Data submitted or maintained by us may identify or relate to an individual (“personal data”), rather than a business.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
We may use the information we collect and maintain, including any personal data, for the following purposes:
- If you have provided your contact information to us, we may use such information to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes by various means, including regular mail, email or telephone. If we receive your express consent, we may also send you pre-recorded messages or SMS text messages.
- To process orders, requests and payments, and to communicate with our customers about their accounts or any requests, orders or payments;
- To provide requested services to our customers. The services we provide to our customers may include certain marketing and promotional services, including sending or facilitating the delivery of communications on behalf of and at the request of our customers. In such cases, our customers are responsible for the content and delivery of such communications.
- To respond to any inquiries submitted to us and to provide technical support to customers and Site visitors.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to customers or Site visitors, to display targeted advertisements, and to otherwise personalize experiences at the Site;
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregate and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our Site and services and responding to customer and visitor desires and preferences; and
How Do We Disclose the Data We Collect?
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information, whether Customer Information or Customer Recipient Data, without prior consent. We may however, disclose the information we collect or maintain, including personal information, without prior consent as described below:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third- party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform the following functions on our behalf: such as credit card processing to bill you for goods and services and a live chat vendor to assist us with customer service marketing analysis services to help manage our online advertising, customer relationship management services, and internal system monitoring and performance services. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information and to use such information only as directed by us.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if part or of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the personal information we have collected to the acquiring company or entity. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may also disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Chroma Sites and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of this Policy, our Terms & Conditions, our Anti-Spam Policy, or our End User Service Agreement.
- Aggregate and De-identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information, such as Site Data, about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes; however, we do not disclose personal data to such third parties.
Why Do You Receive Emails?
If you received one or more marketing or promotional e-mails (“commercial e-mails”) from us, it means that a) your email address is on our list of customers, trial users or prospective customers; or b) you have provided us your email address so that we could contact you. If you believe you received an email from us in error, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
How Can You Stop Receiving Emails?
Each commercial email we send to you contains an unsubscribe link through which you may easily opt-out of receiving future commercial emails from us. If you do not wish to receive additional commercial emails from Chroma Sites, simply click the unsubscribe link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe your e-mail address or to change your preferences about the types of e-mail we send you.
What About Third Party Websites?
The Site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party websites. Customers and visitors who link to other third party websites from the Site should check the privacy and security policy statements of such third party websites to understand the policies and practices of such third party websites as we are not responsible for those policies and practices. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information to the owner of such third party websites. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
Cookies: When you come to the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies. In addition, we may permit certain third parties to place cookies through our website. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site, other than by linking persistent cookies to our current customers as defined below.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. Chroma Sites uses session cookies to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests, and to verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. Chroma Sites uses persistent cookies that only Chroma Sites, or its service providers, can read and use, to identify the fact that you are an Chroma Sites customer or prior Site visitor. We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies.